PICO AND DADDY GO FANCY PICO AND DADDY GO FANCY

That was awesome! I couldn't help but have a stupid grin on my face the entire video! I loved the writing, editing, animation, etc. I loved it all!

Keep it up!

Also, nice JJBA reference.

Pico's Daddy Pico's Daddy

Wow, I really liked that! It's colorful and fluid, like an animation should be! I also liked the story; it had a feel-good ending.

Keep up the great work!

MihaP responds:

Grumpcade Animated - Simpin World Grumpcade Animated - Simpin World

My favorite part of this animation is the constant motion of everything. Nothing ever looks like it's completely still. It's something that most animations (particularly Game Grump animations) lack. It's a breath of fresh air to see a Game Grump / OneyPlays animation that's not just a slide show with a sound track in the background.

The puppet style is also really nice; it's unique to you and pleasant to look at. Also, the Clutch Cargo-esque scene in the middle and the Bart scene at the end add more depth to the animation. Most Game Grump Animated videos I see are just '13-year-old learns Flash' style of animation. I'm glad you actually put effort into your cartoon by thinking outside the box.

I honestly have no idea why people are giving this down votes. This is what cartoons should look like: grotesque objects in fluid motion. It's (unfortunately) something most people don't do on the Internet.

In summation: keep it up! I expect the same top-notch quality from your future works!

Salamis Salamis

This is, hands down, one of my favorite Flash games I've played in a long while.

Everything about this game feels natural. The gameplay itself reminds me of Asteroids or Xevious (which is good.). It's fine that there's no music, because the sounds add an excellent atmosphere to the gameplay. I also like the graphics; it's got a style to it that you could call your own.

Even though I adore this game, I still have a couple of gripes about it. For example, I feel that it would've been better if the enemies were also food (burgers, donuts, etc.). I feel like this would've added more consistency to the game; instead, the enemies just feel like throwaways from other games. Also, once you beat the chicken boss, the variety in patterns gets pretty repetitive pretty quickly. There should be a set pattern for every level (enemies never spawn too close to you or eachother, enemy count is never too low or too high, there are never too many of one type of enemy, etc.), but there should be enough variety where the game doesn't randomly generate similar patterns multiple times in a row.

If you ever have any spare time, you should actually consider making a 'SALAMIS+', with different modes, level customization, a larger variety of enemies, etc. Don't get me wrong: I like the game as is, but I think an expanded version could further elaborate on this game's basic concept. I admire its simplicity, but I think that adding a plethora of features could enhance this game even more.

Despite my nitpicks, this was still an excellent game. Keep up the great work!

StuffedWombat responds:

Oh thank you for your detailed response!

We are completely on the same page. I also think that the enemies should have been more consistent and I realise that the pattern gets extremely repetetive.

I made this game in 2 and a half days, This is not a good thing, as it had the potential to be much more substantial and longer.
Sadly I was very much pressed for time during developement. That was completly my fault (bad planning is a bad thing).

Concerning "Salamis +", I have to dissapoint you.
I am currently working on "Selectorium +" and after that i will make "Shword +".

While I think that salamis is a cool concept, it is very unlikely that I will revisit it in the near future :)

Again, thanks for taking the time to type out that comment!
have a nice day ;)

Alondra Alondra

Really nice job! My favorite part is the guitar!

I also like the layering techniques you did here! It's a little rough in the beginning, but it evens out smoothly later on.

Kinda reminds me of some 70s disco. Great work!

iorilicea responds:

Thanks for your review! :)

Abstract Abstract

This is really good! It's nice and mellow throughout. The drums in the beginning remind me of 'In the Air Tonight' by Phil Collins. In fact, the whole thing reminds me of a Boards of Canada song!

My only complaint is that it ends too abruptly. Fortunately, it also has looping potential!

At any rate, excellent job! Keep up the great work!

Funny Chase (8-bit) Funny Chase (8-bit)

A seamless loop that had me in a trance! The drums could've been louder, but who cares! This is an energetic and absolutely stunning piece! Bravo!

wyver9 responds:

Tnanx, I'm very glad)

D.va D.va

I definitely like this version of D.va more than the game version. I'll try to explain.

From what I've seen of the game, D.va is a childlike young adult. Her mannerisms and demeanor outline more of a kiddie personality, but her actions in battle outline more of an adult personality. What you have in the end is someone who's mostly an adult physically, but not quite an adult yet mentally. Her body compares pretty well with this attitude; it exudes both the recklessness of a child and the maturity of an adult. She's definitely got the body of someone who can control a mech suit. However, I find her to be too thin in some places. I would expect a mech suit operator to be pretty agile, which she is. I would also expect a mech suit operator to have thick and strong glutes, quadricepts, hamstrings and calves. This is something that is missing from D.va in the game. Your interpretation seems like a more realistic version of D.va. Somebody who spends a considerable amount of time in a cockpit should have thicker glutes and more flexible limbs. I see this more outlined in this version of D.va than I do in the official promotional art of D.va.

The only thing missing from this version of D.va is the decals on the sides of her suit's legs. As a matter of fact, I think no decals looks much better. In my opinion, the decals make D.va look corny and out of place. It actually takes me a little out of the atmosphere. To me, no decals make her look more like the mech suit operator she's supposed to be and less like a NASCAR racer or a character from an Extreme-G game.

Even the way she's drawn is better here than in the game. Don't get me wrong: I like the art style of Overwatch. It's got an interesting and colorful look to it. However, I feel that Blizzard made a game that's a little too cartoony for its own good. To me, it seems a bit uncanny. It would've been more interesting if Blizzard made a game with smooth-lined sprite graphics, like the art seen the fighting game 'Skullgirls'. This artwork really outlines the bright colors and smooth lines I wish were more prominent in Overwatch. Unfortunately, Blizzard eschewed a style like yours for a watery and sterile finish.

On a side note, I love the shading the way it is. That particular shading makes her look more cartoony, which is what she's supposed to be.

Not only am I going to save this picture, but I'm also going to make copies of it and back it up on other devices. This is truly a work of art! Bravo!

Carrot Carrot

Every time I look at this, I notice another minuscule detail that I didn't notice before, such as the semicircle in the carrot's teeth or the artist's signature etched in the cutting board. I always love art like this; art that has something new to it every time you look at it, even though it's the same thing every time.

Hope to see more great works from you!

BagamCadet responds:

hehe thank you. I'm happy to hear you like the details.